Information for Volunteers
There are many kinds of volunteers for the Alaska Science & Engineering Fair.
If you are interested in volunteering during the weekend of the science fair please email our volunteers committee at Volunteers@alaskasciencefair.org
Volunteers are needed for:
- Check-in Desks, Setup, and Related – Friday, March 25, 2022, 1:00–5:00 and 5:00–8:30PM (volunteers arrive by 4:30PM or earlier if possible). Many adults and/or teens are required to help the students register their projects, hand out T-shirts, courier items around the event floor, setup up tables, and help with data entry.
- Check-in Safety inspectors – Friday March 25, 2022 5:00–8:30PM (arrive by 4:30PM or earlier if possible). Safety inspectors help students set up their projects on the tables and make sure the display meets safety standards. Please view the Safety Inspector Training slide show (1.3MB PDF). This slide show has been reduced in size as much as possible for faster download. If needed, contact us to obtain the full-size, high-resolution version of this slide show that is suitable for showing with a projector.
- General Help during the main event – Saturday March 26, 2022 (all day, varies by the job you’re doing). General helpers might help with late registration, distribute certificates and T-shirts, put ribbons on projects, make copies, courier items around the event floor, etc. Please tell us what times you’re available using the comments field in the registration form.
- Event Teardown & Cleanup – Saturday March 26, 2022 teardown will start around 7pm and usually takes about an hour to an hour and a half.
Our Recent Donors:
Sponsors - $10,000+
Patrons - $5,000-$9,999
Donors - $1,000-$4999
- Anchorage Mayor's Community Grant
- Broadcom Masters
- Broadcom Foundation
- Chugach Gem and Mineral Society
- Doug Molyneaux
- Fur Rendezvous/Greater Anchorage, Inc.
- Society for Petroleum Engineers
- Stellar Designs
- Upper One Studios Inc.
Contributors - $500-$999
Friends - $250-$499