Information for Volunteers
There are many kinds of volunteers for the Alaska Science & Engineering Fair.
Volunteers are needed for:
- Registration Desks, Setup, and Related – Friday, March 26, 2021, 1:00–5:00 and 5:00–8:30PM (volunteers arrive by 4:30PM or earlier if possible). Many adults and/or teens are required to help the students register their projects, hand out T-shirts, courier items around the event floor, setup up tables, and help with data entry.
- Registration Safety inspectors – Friday, March 26, 2021, 5:00–8:30PM (arrive by 4:30PM or earlier if possible). Safety inspectors help students set up their projects on the tables and make sure the display meets safety standards. Please view the Safety Inspector Training slide show (1.3MB PDF). This slide show has been reduced in size as much as possible for faster download. If needed, contact us to obtain the full-size, high-resolution version of this slide show that is suitable for showing with a projector.
- General Help during the main event – Saturday, March 27, 2021 (all day, varies by the job you’re doing). General helpers might help with late registration, distribute certificates and T-shirts, put ribbons on projects, make copies, courier items around the event floor, etc. Please tell us what times you’re available using the comments field in the registration form.
- Awards Ceremony Misc. – Sunday, March 28, 2021, takedown/setup 11:00–1:00, event 1:00–3:00PM, final cleanup from 3:00–5:00PM. Help courier items for the awards, stack tables, haul boxes to cars.
Our 2020 - 2021 Donors:
Sponsors - $10,000+
Patrons - $5,000-$9,999
Donors - $1,000-$4999
- Anchorage Mayor's Community Grant
- Chugach Gem and Mineral Society
- Doug Molyneaux
- Fur Rendezvous/Greater Anchorage, Inc.
- Society for Petroleum Engineers
- Stellar Designs
- Upper One Studios Inc.
Contributors - $500-$999
Friends - $250-$499