Explore Your Universe
The 63rd Annual Alaska Science and Engineering Fair (ASEF), “Explore Your Universe”, will take place March 23 – 25, 2018 in Anchorage. We invite all Grade K-12 students throughout Alaska to enter a science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics project in the fair. It is not necessary to participate in a local school fair before entering ASEF.
ASEF is an Intel-affiliated fair. High school students compete for local and national awards and prizes, including the top award: A trip to the International Science and Engineering Fair. Middle school students are eligible for local and national prizes, and elementary students are eligible for local awards and prizes.
Register for the Science Fair
The Alaska Science and Engineering Fair registration is open.
News and Information
March 11, 2018 — Two new special local awards were added. See the speical cetegory awards list for more information.
- Alaska Department of Fish and Game: Projects from K-12 related to fish and wildlife management and research in Alaska.
- US Fish and Wildlife Service, Office of Subsistence Management: Projects from K-12 that best present investigations related to subsistence practices and/or resources subsistence users harvest.
BP continues as the headline sponsor for the Alaska Science and Engineering Fair. The Municipality of Anchorage supports the ASEF though the award of a 2018 Mayor’s Community Grant.
Pick.Click.Give and Fred Meyer Community Rewards: You can help fund ASEF! You may donate a portion of your Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend with Pick.Click.Give, http://www.pickclickgive.org/, search for “Alaska Science and Engineering Fair Inc.” in Eagle River. If you live in a community with a Fred Meyer, link your rewards card to us with Fred Meyer Community Rewards – https://www.fredmeyer.com/topic/rewards-3/#/community-rewards-4 – group 81550 “Alaska Science and Engineering Fair”. We would sincerely appreciate your support!
We Thank Our Sponsors
- Chugach Gem and Mineral Society
- Doug Molyneaux
- Anchorage Mayor's Community Grant
- Fur Rendezvous/Greater Anchorage, Inc.
- Upper One Studios Inc.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers, Alaska
- Elks Lodge Anchorage #2868
- Home Depot
- Northern Utility Services, LLC